Subject: Re: Backup Options
From: David Warner <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 1996 00:20:50 -0500

On Sun, 21 Jan 1996, Robert Cohen wrote:

> >I have a tape drive now, but need some software that will allow me to back
> >up my Amiga. Any suggestion???

> Quarterback can handle it, but since they are out of business, I am not sure
> you can find the package any longer...  It does a good job to floppies, but
> have never owned a tape backup, but can't see why this would not work just as
> well...

AmiBack is much better...it can store more than one backup on each tape.  
This is especially useful if you have a large size tape backup unit...I 
have a 2gig DAT tape backup unit hooked up to my Toaster.  AmiBack allows 
me to compress data before it goes to tape, resulting in about 4gigs of 
storage per tape...this allows me to almost back up all my drives onto 
one tape.  =)  It's FAST too!

Quick tip for PAR owners...don't turn on data compression when backing up 
your PAR animations!  They are already compressed with JPEG.

                                     -David Warner
                                      [email-masked]
                                      http://www.albany.net/~dwarner